6 Gate Street
Lincoln's Inn Fields
London WC2A 3HP
|Some high profile cases|
|Visit barrister page|
|Or select a barrister by:|
|Some of the practice areas covered by Holborn Chambers barristers|
|Visit practice areas page|
Our criminal barristers include:
Holborn Chambers has an expert set of barristers with a wide breadth of knowledge who can handle all types of criminal case.
Types of criminal case handled by Holborn Chambers barristers
- Attempted murder
- Causing death by dangerous driving
- Violent disorder
- Racially aggravated offences
- Conspiracy to commit aggravated burglary
- Child pornography
- Child abduction
Examples of corporate criminal cases handled by Holborn Chambers barristers
- Breach of trust
- Copyright offences
- Major Tax and VAT frauds
- Banking frauds
Notable criminal cases handled by Holborn Chambers barristers
- R v Mathayaparan and Others at the Central Criminal Court (2005/2006). This was a gangland double murder involving substantial mobile phone cell site evidence. The defendant was acquitted on both murders on submissions.
- Re A Solicitor Div Ct QBD January 1982 Law Soc Gazette. Meaning of unbefitting conduct.
- R v Isleworth Crown Court ex parte Commissioners of Customs & Excise Div Ct QBD 1991 Crim LR 859. Bail subject to Judicial Review.
- R v Blake and others 1991 CLR 119. Sections 76 and 78 Pace. Hill Samuel Fraud.
- R v Newington (Ct of App) The Times 27th Feb 90. Meaning of ill-treatment under Mental Health Act.
- R v Delaney (Ct of App) The Times 30th Aug 88. Breaches of PACE.
- Day and Another v Grant / R v Manchester Crown Court ex parte William Div Ct 1987 3 All ER . Meaning of ‘Criminal cause or matter’
- R v Alexander Grant (Ct of App) 82 Crim App Rep 234. Difference between common law and statutory conspiracies.
- R v Tomsett (Ct of App) 1985 Crim LR 369. Jurisdiction in international conspiracy.
- R v Harman and others (Ct of App) The Times 21st Feb 84. Documents wrongly admitted in re-examination by prosecution.
- Dyson Holdings & Fox (Ct of App) 1976 QB 503. Common law wife can inherit statutory tenancy.